viernes, 23 de marzo de 2012

Melvin Manhoef Discusses ONE FC Debut, K-1 Career And Badr Hari's Chances In Boxing



Melvin Manhoef is on a mission to help break ONE FC into the mainstream, and in the process, gain a much needed win for himself. With the last two and a half years having been fruitless, he's more focused than ever on preparation for his upcoming bout with DEEP champion, Yoshiyuki Nakanishi on March 31. I had the opportunity to interview Melvin recently, and got his thoughts on fighting under the ONE FC banner, training camp and what's in store for the future. Several fans contributed questions, and he was gracious enough to answer those, as well.

SD: ONE FC has been making quite a name for themselves in Asia due to mega deals with other promotions and ESPN Star Sports, as well as good financial backing. How excited are you to have inked a deal with them?

MM: Yeah, it's going to be a new home for me. That's why I'm very excited to fight and let all the fans see that I'm back. I'm going to take this opportunity to help build ONE FC get very great exposure, because I'm going to deliver a good fight.

SD: You're facing a DEEP champion in Nakanishi. What do you think his biggest weapon will be and what will your biggest weapon be?

MM: I searched a lot on the internet, but I couldn't find many fights of my opponent. It was very hard to find good fights so I could see how his style is. I know that he's a sambo guy, and he's southpaw, and his submission game is good and his punches are good. He's a well rounded fighter. I do my homework 200%, so I'm prepared for everything.

SD: It's clear that you have been putting in some work to improve your ground game. Who have you been training with on this?

MM: Remco Pardoel, Danny [no last name given] and a lot of guys that I'm working on the ground with. Maybe next year, or later this year, I'm going to America to train with the guys there. My ground game is getting better and better every day. I didn't fight for like one year in MMA, so it's a little bit hard to shake the ring rust, but it's going OK.


Continue reading: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/23/2897354/melvin-manhoef-one-fc-k-1-badr-hari-boxing

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario