miércoles, 28 de marzo de 2012

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua doesn’t want to wait for Quinton “Rampage” Jackson



I’ve talked to Lorenzo a while back and he asked me if I was fine. They announced the fight against Rampage, but then he said he would have to get his knees operated. I saw they offered me to Dan Henderson and he declined it. So I’m waiting for a definition. I might fight in June or July, that’s when I hope to fight, but for now there’s no opponent in mind.”

“I don’t think about who I can fight against, I wait for UFC to offer me someone. I rather wait. It’s hard to pick an opponent out like that. I rather not chose. Rampage and Henderson are legends and they would make great opponents and fans would dig it. But, as I said, I rather not think about fighting one guy or another. Sometime they have to replace your opponent and that’s frustrating for us as athletes, so I fight anyone.”

When asked whether he’d like to be a part of UFC 147 which is set to go down June 23rd at a massive stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Rua said:

“Absolutely. I dream about being part of this card, even because it’s a huge event. I would really like to be a part of it. Let’s wait for UFC to define something. It would be very exciting. On the first time I was touched by it. At Engenhao you can put like three times more people… It’s overwhelming as a fighter. I work for the UFC, so I’m just waiting. Whatever UFC decides it’s decided.”

Continue reading: http://www.tatame.com/2012/03/28/Shogun-waits-for-next-opponent-but-wants-to-fight-in-soccer-stadium-in-Rio

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario